Friday, September 2, 2016

What Can I Tell You?

What can I tell you that you don't already know?

Life is supposed to be hard. Not easy. Easy is boring. It is the challenge that makes it worthwhile.

Is that the competitive spirit that is trying to live inside us? I have no idea.

I can tell you that Happiness is fleeting. You can't catch it, I don't think. Jim Rohn says you need to plan for happiness. I'm not certain you can. You can plan to spend time with friends and family or have an experience, but that doesn't necessarily equate to happy.

It is elusive. It is about the moments though.

Life is ups and downs with more downs than ups, but many days are just blah, boredom, daily grind. It is the hope and the happiness that keep us chugging along.

You do learn about happiness now and again.

I'm not a firm believer that someone else is responsible for your happiness - at all. It is all on you. But someone can come along and just make you feel so damn happy. I can't explain it. (Maybe it is just the Oxytocin, the Serotonin or the dopamine talking.)

She's beautiful and smart. Her laugh is a really pleasant sound that you want to make her laugh each visit. Her eyes twinkle. She's insecure and confident at different things, at different times. She has a nice body, but you hardly look at it because you are swimming in the gaze of her twinkling eyes. Maybe that is it. The way she looks at you, treats you, talks to you. The little chemical spark that you feel. The connection.

A long time ago, my therapist explained that chemistry was a two-way street. I still believe that. Acknowledging it is another matter.

The only problem with this is when it ends.

It begs the question: would it have been better to have not spent any time with her?

Right now it seems so.

It's like she showed me what sunshine was, but only rain is on my menu. (With our current weather being a tropic storm, this is almost funny.)

No comments:

Post a Comment